Monday, September 21, 2009

Hunter Valley



Last Thursday we took a trip to the Hunter Valley (just north of Sydney) to go on a wine tasting tour! Amazingly, Allie, Victoria and I all had the same day off! Clark and Russo came as well and it was a great group. We visited 5 wineries and a cheese shop and a chocolate shop. It was INCREDIBLE! I learned so much about what wines I liked and what makes what taste good, etc. We left at 7:15 in the morning and started drinking wine around 10:30. We drank a bit here and a bit there and never really got drunk, but were all pleasantly chatty all day. :) Russo borrowed my camera for most of the day since he forgot his, so check out the pictures on facebook once I post them - they are amazing.

Since we drank so much, I napped the whole ride home. Once we got back to the flat, I watched Glee!! then I promptly threw up (twice). It must have been a mixture of all the wines (white, red, blush - yuck, and dessert wines) and the food we tasted or something. I felt awful. I even missed an International night with my housemates! Somehow the others managed to go out that night, but not me. Russo was really nice and pretty much took care of me and set me up with a movie on my laptop in bed once I was all done puking. At that point, I was really homesick. :( I just hate throwing up!

Overall, it was a great day... it just had an interesting ending!

No comments:

Post a Comment