Sunday, February 14, 2010

Leaving Sydney...

So as of Thursday I will be officially homeless again! I have had such a lovely time in Sydney and I will never forget all of the wonderful people I've met. I know I haven't done a great job of keeping you guys back home updated on what I've been up to, but I will let you all know ALLLLL about it once I get home in May! Lately I've been:

1. To Melbourne and Hamilton Island (where I caught some fish and ate them, AND caught a shark... almost). That trip was amazing and I can't do it justice in the amount of time I have right now to write this.

2. Working a bit more to save up some moolah to travel. I've been working events at the bar next door (same company) a lot lately and I was completely flabbergasted when they said that was because they requested me and wanted to steal me away from Jordon's to work at Watershed! AND that Jordon's didn't want to let me go! It was amazing that someone at my job actually thinks I'm good enough to want to steal/want to keep me. Made. My. Day.

3. I have acquired the cold that my roommate had. Blah. And on top of that I have a rockin' eye infection that I've been battling for the past few days. That has kept me from working (ugh, even my Sunday double which would have been such good money!). And it means I have to wear my glasses all the time - no contacts. If you know me, you know how I hate to wear my glasses out of the house. Hate it. I'm not really a happy camper right now. BUT I have this amazing mum looking after me and I have no idea what I would do without her! Seriously, she's wonderful.

4. I've also spent some of my time panicking about leaving. Every time I remember I'm leaving in __ number of days my chest gets a bit tighter and I find my eyes start to swell with tears. I'm SOOOOOOO lame! ugh, I'm about to leave on these adventures and I can't help but know that I've met some amazing people here and I might never see them again. But I can't think like that. I will love these people forever and I hope they all know if they ever want to come to Texas (or wherever I am) they are welcome to anything I have to offer! Every ending is just a new beginning.

So that's it basically. I'm getting ready to head to Fiji where I will spend some much-needed girl quality time with Court! :) I will get open water dive certified (if the cold doesn't get in the way! blah!!!) and we will do whatever it is that you do in Fiji... relax I guess! Then I'll head to NZ for three weeks with Clark and Victoria. We're doing a Stray bus tour across the north and south islands and I plan on sky diving. I'm crazy, I know. We'll see if I can actually get the guts up to go. After March 22 when I return to Australia, I don't know exactly what I want to do, but there is a music festival in Byron Bay that I want to go to on April 5, so hopefully I can find someone to go with me. Other than that, I'll just be going around the continent until I return to Texas on May 25. I've decided to abandon the trip to Asia and I've made that the plan for my next trip to this side of the planet. I came to do Australia, and I'm going to do it properly! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment